ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fabricated extensions for regular car ramps to fit a Z car? If so,got any suggestions or plans.
I can always get a pair cheap at local auctions but they are too high for the front bumper as it hits the ramp before wheel contact.
I priced some at Griot's Garage and they want $54.99 for ramps with extensions + $10 shipping. And you can buy just the extensions for $26.99 + $10 shipping.
I know I can make something cheaper than that,but I thought I'd ask for ideas here.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
don't use the metal ramps they are too high for the front bumper, use the plastic ones from walmart for $25 they are lower and work perfect for the Z, thats what I got.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I just use a big jack in the front on the front cross member and once it's high enough place jack stands on both sides. Also use the wheel chocks for the rear tires so the car won't roll back. I gave up on ramps a long time ago. First off as th2thmansz said the metal ones are too high. Secondly I had too many close calls with driving up over them with other cars. Last time we tried to put my fiances 73 maverick 302 up on ramps the rear tires just started to spin rather than the car actually go up the ramps. Same happened on my 280z. To each their own I guess but if you are going to use them get the plastic ones as suggested above as they are lower for the 300zx.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've got metal ones and all I do is put two paver blocks (about 1-2" thick and 4in. wide x12 in. long) lengthwise in front of the ramps and it raises the front of the car enough to clear the ramps with ease. Plus, I happen to have a boatload of the paver blocks so it was an easy way to address the situation.

Roger

·
Registered
279 Posts
right now my car is sitting on top of four car ramps, I just jacked it up and put them under the tires. I did this so the body isnt flexed in a strange position, while im cutting and replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.