Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been aheving some problems with the 86t lately
at first i thought it was running rich and backfirering and it ideled high at about 12 or 1300rpm and was a bitch to start cold

well i disconected the AAC and the idel dropped to 700 (is still a bitch to start cold) and it feels like it is missing some now and making an awful noise through the intake i checked the plugs ( car had a tune up right befor i purchesed it new cap rotor plugs wires fuel filter air filter oil and filter)
i decided to check the plugs today (what a bitch i love the L6) and they were white like they werent even firering - checked spark and they were getting spark so now im thinking maybe its not getting enough fuel

FPR?
ran codes nothing special - will the comp throgh a FPR code? or dose it have somethgin to do with my AAC?

just wondering what i should do ive been posting a few questions lately and havent recived really any help

·
Registered
559 Posts
Re: car missing some or sounds like backfire through the intake

yes white plugs equal a lean A/F ratio...it should list the causes of the symptom in the back of the haynes which may clue you into the problem...sounds like its gnna be some sherlock holmes ****...gotta love it :/

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

"posting a few questions lately and havent recived really any help"

Uh huh.
Lemme guess, you worked out for yourself how and why the O2 sensor light works and out of the blue you got the notion to disconnect the AAC to reduce the high idle? Sounds to me like you can figure out the rest by yourself.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

actully i had allready planned on doing all that befor i asked the orignal question ( ive been playing with an l6 turbo some that has some simularities so i know just a touch of stuff but i just pop the hood of the 300 and am like **** i have to take about the whole motor to get to anything in comparrision with what im used to workin on [my 70] ) i was just wondering if discounecting the AAC was going to hurt anything and i jsut wanted confirmation on the sensor light being on

-guess i really shouldnt have said that because i have recived some help from here im just used to the s30 s130 forum wich is a bit different pluse i dont really ask the greatest questions and the vg scares me with its 436543986 vaccume line and all this electrical crap im unfimular with }
- but here another one a littel more specific

the stock fpr which im hoping is my problem and if not o well but - how exactlly dose it work i know its vaccume crap but is there any way to clean it could these possibly help and what about adjusting anyway to do that and if i decide to replace it - should i try and get somethign at a local auto parts store or go pick n pull or try somethgin aftermarket performance

also could the ACC valve just be stuck open and need some cleaning lubing?

Post Edited (Sep 8, 1:06pm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.