ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to make the stretch a mile away from my home is AutoZone, I needed to go there to get my starter tested. It ran fine there, it only took a couple of minutes to get it started. My daughter (3 years old) and I drove down and parked. I ran in to talk with the AutoZone guy and he tested, said the battery might need charging and that my starter is fine. I agreed and gave it to him. 15 minutes later I pulled my batery from the charger, dropped in my Z and tried to fire her up.... Nothing, I tried again, nothing. I realized the starter died. I was parked on a sloped parking space. The nearest parking flat place was about 50 feet away. I put my daughter on the side walk, and released the park break, (busy as **** early Saturday morning), I back up traffic as I pushed my Z into a flat place so that I could jack it up and change out the starter.

No one helped me, although I had under control, instead traffic built up to the road....

Just thought I would share my story, and that I still love my Z

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
so your that sob that held up traffic!

get that clunker off the road! lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
dude it runs and you went to AutoZone, They suck I said I need turbo piston rings and they got non turbo rings for me I would have blown my motor if I wouldn't had them double check.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
yeah, i don't trust autozone for anything. my alternator went bad in my '81 280zx. i took it out of that tight little place only to atke it down there so they could test it and tell me it was fine. i went home and put it back in. it still didn't start. i had tested everything and i then knew it was my alternator, it was the original. went and bought a new one and cars runs great. i say forget autozone, atleast here in durango, co. caused my to work all day on a 2 hour project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.