ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting my Z repainted and since it is my DD i will be driving it on highways and pretty much everywhere right after. I can't just let it sit for a month while the paint hardens up. Do you guys think it is a good idea to get a car bra and put it on for a month. I think there pretty ugly but i'm willing to deal with it for a month if it will help the paint. I heard they rub tho on the sides so i don't want it to rub and damage the paint. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
152 Posts
its gunna rub. if its not too big of a hassle, just get it painted in the summer. then the paint can bake on properly. also there isnt as much rocks and debree on the roads then, to chip the paint.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
you can tell the clear bra is there from up close...i don't really like them although if you must put a bra on the car it is probably the best option

i think you outta just put about 3 coats of wax on that bad boy and be carful in rocky areas and stay way back from 18 wheelers

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a spray option as well, Amour Coat. We spray this at my work, body shop. We do all of the new Acura's. If you dont know what your doing it will come out like **** though. Lots of painters have a hard time with it. But our shop has it down pat. Looks pretty good too, cant' really see it. Just talk to the place that paints yoru car and maybe they can do it for you...

·
Registered
311 Posts
DO NOT USE BRA!!! I put one on my IROC that I used to have because the **** mechanics put a stain on the nose that I couldn't get rid of.

I took the bra off a few months later and the paint was two shades lighter where it rubbed the paint. And it wasn't even new paint.

Just be careful. like 96 zx conv. said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.