ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 88 2+2, and surprisingly there is a ton of room in that car (Compared to my other 2 z's). It's in what I would call good to near excellent condition. What I mean by that is the following:

-The inside is worn, but the plastic is unfaded and in good condition. Carpets need replacement and seats have small tears here and there.

-Paint is un faded, unscratched, un dinged, and to me the best selling feature of this car meaning no body work. Yes I looked under the car to see if there was any frame damage.

-Engine has a slight tick at the start up, but goes away after. Engine still pulls very strong.

-All Electrical works.

-It's been lowered, but looks like the PO had the car re-aligned. Tires are still straight in other words.

Cash price on the car, it's from a used car dealer, 2,988 cash. I think the price is to high so I might go for 1500 or 2K. Does anyone think I should just pay what they want? book is 3,500 plus minus. Dealer has had it for 2 weeks and I think they will lower the price.

By the way what I meant by cannot decide is wether to get this or a mid 80's-low 90's civic or other small coupe. By the way I live in Vegas where everyone thinks their cars are priceless. Get's worse at the dealer.

Post Edited (Aug 14, 1:57am)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Sounds like 2k would be a great deal for that. Even their asking price is good if it really is as good of shape as you're describing.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just curious about the miles on the car. You didn't mention that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No 2+2 on t he planet is worth that kind of money!

Unless you are using it for a parts car.

This is only my opinion, but a 2+2 is the epitome of ugly, and only the 2 seator can even come close to the Stealth. or GT3000 aesthetically.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leave it to a noob to come up with the most idiotic remark. Do you know that almost every racing Nissan ever built was a 2+2. I guess you wouldn't since you are a noob.

Go take a second look at Steve Millen's car and then come back here with that same statement. Learn your history before making a remark so stupid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You obviously did not want an opinion, your mind was already made up and you only wanted support!

Please forgive me if I offended you, that was not my intention.

I still think $4,000 is too much for any (almost any 300zx)!

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
crimsoncard wrote:

> You obviously did not want an opinion, your mind was already
> made up and you only wanted support!
>
> Please forgive me if I offended you, that was not my intention.
>
> I still think $4,000 is too much for any (almost any 300zx)!
>
> Just my opinion.

You're an idiot. The asking price is under 3k. Since it's a dealer, they will easily sell it for 2500, and it might even go down to 2000.

tard.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Read above and see what I was asking an opinion for. If you ask me the 300ZX 2+2 is well worth the money if it's in good condition. **** I'm thinking about getting rid of my current Z32 coupe for a Z32 2+2. Reason: There is a lot more JDM market concerning exterior components for the 2+2 then there are for the coupe.

I did not want an opinion, especially one with no educated backing, on weather or not to buy it because it's a 2+2.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, if you're into Zs then add it to your 'collection'...
It's gotta be more fun than a Civic.

Oh, & my 2+2 kicks ass.

·
Registered
639 Posts
*stepping on soap box* I have a 2+2 NA. Yes, it is slower and bigger than the other Zs. Yes many people hate them and will take any chance they get to bad mouth them.

But anytime I hear that, I just remind whomever, "IT IS A Z!!!" *stepping down off soapbox*

So, a 2+2 for $2-2.5K is a good deal. I paid $1900 for mine with 119K on it. Haven't regretted it for a minute despite the fact it was far slower than the 84 slicktop I had. Can't beat the Z handling even on a 2+2.

·
Registered
724 Posts
In support of the 2+2 model.........I like the ride that the longer wheelbase seems to give as opposed to the coupe. Then again, I'm older then most on here and I appreciate all the comfort I can get. After 21 plus years in the military, there are mornings when I feel like a retired football player when I get out of bed. LOL. Out of the 12 z-cars I've owned, 9 have been 2+2's. Another feature I also like is the additional storage space afforded in the 2+2 when the back seats are folded forward. Not a whole lot but, a little bit more. And ZBUM is correct. If you have round heels......then go ahead and just roll over and lay down for the salesman at the dealership and pay his price. Remember......ALL things in life are negotiable. It's your money but if I were to buy it, I'd pay no more then $2300.00 which would include tax, title and registration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.