ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two years ago I bought a car cover for my 1982 280ZX turbo. It wasn't a cheap-o... I can't remember the price but I'm thinking maybe $60.00-ish.
It seems that when we have a hard, wet freeze here in Delaware, there are parts of the cover that freeze to the surface of the car. If I pull on these spots (as I've done when I was late for work) it will tear a hole in the cover.
Do they all do this? Or are there super-expensive ones impervious to this?
Can anyone who has a GOOD cover and lives in the Frost Belt give me a recommendation?

Many thanx, and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Care & Use instructions for Your Technalon® Cover
Made with BLOCK-IT® Evolution® Fabric by Kimberly-Clark

WARNING FOR FREEZING WEATHER: In very rare cases when a heavy rainstorm is followed by an extreme temperature drop to below freezing,
it is possible for the cover to become frozen to a layer of ice created between the vehicle body and the cover. Do not attempt to remove the cover
during this time period. If it is necessary to remove the cover we recommend pouring warm water over the vehicle and slowly removing the cover,
taking care to inspect the surfaces of both the cover and the vehicle during the removal process. Stop immediately if you encounter resistance - the
ice has not been melted completely and you must pour more warm water over the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
the best cover i bought was from california storm weave. not cheap at all at around 280 big ones but i wanted to make sure my investments were taken care of and not destroyed. i can say this i was very suprised. i waxed her before putting them away for the winter and in march sometime after 4 months of being covered they felt like they were just waxed just like when i left them the year prior. i did have one instance where the cover did freeze to the car but i wasnt looking to uncover it either so it just stayed there until the thaw. i hope that helps you. any questions shoot me an email at [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Yep. Car-hole. Either the wooden permanent kind or a tent type, but definitely a car-hole.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I found a "vinyl" cover on ebay for about $60. I haven't had problems with it but my son-n-law had his get wind blown thru on the sharper points of his car. I think I would cover it with aa good cloth model, then cover that with this vinyl model.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Best Car Cover Ever:

Cotton Flannel.

INSIDE A HEATED GARAGE.

Move from the frost belt, you will be happier...so will your car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tawny Kitaen - as with all covers, after a while it might start to break down and then actually cause more damage than it's worth.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Y0RGO like this type...

But need help from Comrades to put on and off, yes?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
That's exactly what happened to my Z32's cover....wish I knew it would do that before I tried removing it....

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
280Z-hab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tawny Kitaen
> http://api.ning.com/files/XlKvC0fcpC-TMfftjkc2KHq1
> JGrxWL0tN6fQDw3dkE-ei2SlgtUWRqTKAa4PeBOIad9k62tmJe
> HXUui0F3Ltfo9VaVw9x2C3/Picture5.png

That's pretty funny... but have you seen her lately? I need a cover that ages better than she does!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
masochists!

"It wasn't a cheap-o...$60.00-ish".

you A the Q already snow belt + 60 bucks = placebo

I like the mountains and the snow, I dream/plan about it all year... to go for a week/weekend..what hold people there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.