ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 280zx, 83 non turbo. its been sitting for around two years. weve cleaned the fuel tank and out a few gallons of high test. it ran good for a while, but now it is very hard to crank. when we did have it going it was extreamly rough, it would die out if you let it idle. it idled under 1,000 rmp. occasonially we can get it to start when its cold, but it eventually dies. The battery is brand new, and the alternator is also new. When we had it running earlier it would almost jump as you were driving. We know it has something to do with the gas, but were not sure what it is. We think it is either the oil filter, the lines need to be cleaned, or the fuel pump is putting out too much gas. The fuel pump is most likly the one, because it floods when you try to start it and there is a raw gas smell. The exaust is grey too.
If anybody can help me then they must be a genuis. Happy thanksgiving, thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: Also

fuel filter is a must...8$ for sanity sake....then i would check your plug wires being that the problem has some sort of heat factor...it never hurts to have new plugs/wires/cap/rotor..all for about 40$....you also my have a bad regulator are you certian it is running rich? check your timing just for kicks.. good luck keep us informed

jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.