ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm about to let my Z go fi=or cheap it's just gotta get me thru a summer in Vegas, is my starter fried or what. It's like living in bedrock. Will onlt push start??? I've had with this thing!!!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
test the selenoid, and maybe bring your starter in to an Advanced auto/Napa type parts store and see if they can test it...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That thing ain't work in years. I heard it's the solenoid. It's sitting at the Circle K right now it's 105 degrees here in Vegas and I really hate my car right now. Oh yeah the only electrical that works is the windows and the radio? Go figure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
check the clutch switch

what year is your car?
if it's an 87+ (? not sure on the year they added this, but i know that 84s and 85s didn't have it) i bet money that it's your clutch switch (the switch that tells the computer the clutch is fully depressed and that it's safe to engage the starter)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is an 85. I don't fully understand fuseable links? They says it may be the solenoid but I don't know who or what to believe anymore, but my calves are in great shape from all the push staring in the million degree Vegas whether let me tell. ya!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.