ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately mi car has begun to stall when i try to launch... its like if I need to use a little power and realease the clutch quick the engine drops to about 500 rpm and then starts up again real slow... some friends told me it was the porcelain clutch that was just not working right... but the clutch is prettymuch new it has been around 4 months since it got dropped in.

so i was wondering if it could be the engine mounts moving out of place... like frontwheel drives do

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
third the uh no

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I would not no say, 'uh no', but I would say, Whuuuuuuhhhhhhh???

My thoughts.

1. I think you might mean ceramic clutch and not porcelain. And they might have more initial grab than a standard clutch for the z. This is something you would have to get used to as with any powertrain change. I am not sure they make one for the Z though.

2. And it is possible that an incorrectly installed clutch is binding?

3. No way is your movement of your engine causing the lugging.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright alright... sorry... you're right its ceramic not porcelain... the thing is its spanish we call them "discos de porcelana" not "disco de ceramica"

ok... just wondering so what do I check for now?

I do have a pop charger in it, could that be causing troubles?

I also started to think that maybe a lifter is getting stuck... could that be it?

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: First things first......

Ok... thanx codes say Right oxygen sensor and Knock sensor... can any of these cause the stalling?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
They can cause.....

stumble and poor performance. The O2 may be causing the car to run rich and the knock sensor will retard the timing. I am not a fan of relocating the knock sensor but others have done it successfully. This is most likely the cause of your problem. Do a search on relocation of the knock sensor and you will find what you need.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: They can cause.....

thanx man appreciate it alot I didn't know that those could cause so much trouble...

I guess I'll go over the relocation or bypass for the knock sensor....

too bad you can't bypass the O2....

thanx alot man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.