ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
OH yeah

Eugene yes it can! I just found out that after 2 weeks my datsuns been losing power and shorting out parts cause of a voltage regulator. Dang little expensive boogers!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Take it to Auto Zone and have them test the alternator and battery, make sure your battery cables and post are clean and making good contact if its the alternator,while the car is running pull the negative side off the battery if it dies, probabley the alternator

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eugene...I saw your posting on Zcar.com regarding electrical short draining battery. If you can help I would be forever greatfull. I have stumped 3 mechanics in California and another one in Las Vegas who has been trying to figure out the source of my battery drain for 6 months. I have an awesome 1976 280Z that is in perfect condition except for a drain in the battery that results if I don't drive the car everyday at least 20 minutes. All the obvious stuff has been checked. I suspect the switch arm since I was having trouble with wipers and headlights...any insight on things we can check. I miss driving my Z so much. Thanks, Jacqueline in Vegas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.