ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 86 turbo has been losing it that last three weeks. I ran it through a car wash last week and it died in the car wash. ECU was fried. I replaced it with used one and it worked. But was idling bad, aso had start her up maybe 3 times before i can catch it and rev the motor. Anyway today I had to pull distubutor out because during tuneup, i replaced cap and rotor and when I started it the rotor broke in peices inside cap. Damage cap a little inside to. But somehow the rotor lost its position. I had to pull it out to re-adjust. How did that happen. Its a gear turned distributor?? Dont get it. Anyway changed the timing belt again before I checked distrubutor and pulled it out. Cause I thought maybe belt jumped gear. So I got her running for a few minutes pulled her out onto the street. Came back out after 2 hours and will not start. Also during all this since last week It has a bad idle 500, or 600 jumps to 900 then 600rpm.??

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Re: CAN afm CAUSE NO START NO FIRING CONDIION??

if the rotor was broken i would think theres a problem in the distributor. check the gear end, the gear is held in place by a shear pin if it shears the gear can turn on the shaft throwing the timing off. was the cas or the shutter disc damaged? also check for play in the shaft if the bushings are worn enough the rotor can strike the cap, usually destroying both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.