ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing threads about cam oiler problems but ignored them until now. Here's my experience: I took my valve cover off when I noticed a loud screeching noise. My rear-most lobe and rocker arm were scraping against each other because the rear section of the oiler tube was loose and hanging down. I unbolted the whole oiler and JB Welded the tube back in place. Anyone else have this problem? Did I pick the right fix? I haven't bolted it up yet. Still waiting for the JB to set.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Oilers coming loose on the rear was a common problem back in the day. (apparently still!) I can't swear to the JB Weld but I think normal welding (tig or brazing) might be the better long term fix. Hope you got it before any significant wear on the rear lobes etc.

· Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi Mack------------Providing the JB Weld is allowed to set there shouldn't be any problem. John is right about welding being a long-term fix, but IMHO it might be better to use hard silver solder to do the repair rather than brazing or welding the oiler.

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.