ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to casper `80xz. Those vacuum diagrams are awesome! Yu da MAN!

I am looking for a vacuum advance for my 1980 280zx. I have a manual tranny, so I need the advance with the two vacuum inlets. I would like to pick it up today or tomarrow, and if I can't find anyone parting one out, I'll order it from all z, but I'm trying to get it as fast as possible.

While on the subject of parts in Phoenix, about 6 years ago I remember an 'mostly' Z-car junkyard on 40th street and university. I totaly forget the name, and up until a couple years ago I was away playing Army. I can't find there name in the phonebook, and I really can't remember the exact location. Anyone know where I'm talking about or remember it? Also, where else besides Riteway (19th ave and broadway) has old Z parts? Riteway is okay but there a bit overpriced.

All Z East is great (so far, still waiting for my first shipment), and Motorsport has a great catalog and many really cheap parts, but I really would like to find someplace local where I can find things I need really quickly. Thanks!

jA

p.s. In case anyone is interested, I live in Gilbert, and bought my Z-car for 1200 bucks from some guy in West Phoenix.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I am looking for a vacuum advance for my
> 1980 280zx. I have a manual tranny, so I
> need the advance with the two vacuum inlets.
> I would like to pick it up today or
> tomarrow, and if I can't find anyone parting
> one out, I'll order it from all z, but I'm
> trying to get it as fast as possible.

Well lets see :)...there is a 82 280zx in the paper today - being parted out. I was just out to Hidden Valley Foreign Auto in Maricopa this week end for older z parts, you might give them a call for what you need. Ph # 252-2122. Don't know about the one on 40th...should just cruise down and check. Hope this helps.

> While on the subject of parts in Phoenix,
> about 6 years ago I remember an 'mostly'
> Z-car junkyard on 40th street and
> university.

·
Registered
403 Posts
> Well lets see :)...there is a 82 280zx in
> the paper today - being parted out. I was
> just out to Hidden Valley Foreign Auto in
> Maricopa this week end for older z parts,
> you might give them a call for what you
> need. Ph # 252-2122. Don't know about the
> one on 40th...should just cruise down and
> check. Hope this helps.

Good (and cheap too) places I go to are: Ecology, U pull it, Yank-a-part, and sometimes Pull'n'save. Ecology always has several Z's (lately more ZX's though) I know Yank-a-part has some too, but they're a little more expensive, same with the other two. I personally can't stand Riteway I think that not only are they overpriced, they're also arrogant bastards to try and deal with. And besides when you pull your own parts it's sort of fun.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg Clark - North Phoenix, AZ

Here's the Number - Greg Clark - (602) 465-2532

Has TONS of Z cars in North Phoenix. Best Z Yard I have found.

Steve G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.