ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna haul the Z to the shop tomorrow....I'm stuck and can't think of anything else to check....must be overlooking something! She just will not start! Oh well, was going to have them time/tune it anyway...just kinda wanted to get there under its own power :-(.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does it turn over at all? Mine didn't one day at a gas station, found the starter brushes are dirty....had to tap the starter a few times with a ratchet and a hammer to get it to catch...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Prove it...

Did you put a little gas in the intake and crank it up? If it fires up I'd check for fuel pressure. If it does nothing, I'd look at spark, etc...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: To Prove it...

CR Miller wrote:
-------------------------------
Did you put a little gas in the intake and crank it up? If it fires up I'd check for fuel pressure. If it does nothing, I'd look at spark, etc...

didn't check that way, but have checked the individual plugs and also pulled the cold start injector and triggered it with 12 volts...sprayed really good, also have a pressure gage inline and pressure is right where it's suspose to be...thats why I'm stumped.

·
Registered
996 Posts
How about your timing it could read correct but be off 180 degrees. If you rotate your engine until the first cylinder is at top dead center the rotor on the distributor should be pointing towards the spark plug terminal for the 1st cylinder on the cap. This is an easy mistake to make if the distributor has been removed. Just a thought I don't know what you have already checked.

Good Luck
Matt

·
Registered
529 Posts
check the fusible links. on my 77 they are on the right side and I have had problems with them. If they don't have good contact the car will not start or run. I have also had the car to die on me going down the road, fiddle with the links and it starts right up.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks For The Input - All Six injectors Were DEAD

The all worked before I took them to NAPA for cleaning....so now have to replace the injectors....and am talking to NAPA to find out exactly what they did to them. My hunch is they triggered the injectors with 12 volts and burnt them!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had mine cleaned at NAPA too

Gary, I think I told you about NAPA and injector cleaning. Jeez, I hope to God that mine don't burn out too! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. BTW - have you checked your dropping resistors? It seems UNBELIEVABLE that all 6 injectors would go bad at the same time, even if they had been triggered at 12V. Did the car run ok after you put the injectors back in afer getting them back from NAPA? or were they DOA from NAPA? Also didn't NAPA give you a bench-flow sheet? Which shows the flow-rate out of each injector?

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<b>RE: Call The Tow Truck......</b>

Check the connections to ECU. Continuity check of each prong. If connections are OK, your ECU is bad.

And by now you have checked all relays, right?

Only way to burn all jets at same is to through them to fireplace and watch them burn.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
my car did the same thing it was the FPR

Jeff280ZXT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.