ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for all of us here in PRC (People's Republic of California) there is some light at the end of the tunnel. From time-to-time I've gotten on my horse and berated our legislators for their stupidity. Well I'm here to sing the praises of my favorite State Senator from Arcadia: Sen. Mountjoy.
I don't know his background, but IMHO, THIS GUY IS THE BEST FRIEND Z-ENTHUSIASTS HAVE IN CALIFORNIA!
He has two bills pending SB285, & SB296(I don't know what happened to his smog-check legislation from last year). The gist of SB285 is to exempt ALL 1974 and earlier vehicles from ROADSIDE EMISSIONS TESTING. In 2003, the program would start the rolling 30-year exemption. As I have said before, YOU CURRENTLY ARE NOT EXEMPT!!!
SB296 is an Emission Exemption Bill that would cover ALL vehicles DRIVEN LESS THAN 5000 MILES ANNUALLY!!!
YAHOOOOOOO! Someone with common sense (this coming from a man with 6 Z-cars in the yard)
Seriously, folks--give this man the support he needs: e-mail, fax, get your Senator to support the bills. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET WHAT WE WANT!!! Check him out under the Senators listing at the Senate section of the State of CA website "www.ca.gov"
I swear, no more Mt. Dew in the evening...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hail Z god:)

tony are this bills under serious consideration becuase as you know California is the state that wants to clean up its act and unfortunately i don't think they'll go for this:( But if this guy does suceed he rules and KIcks @$$ and should run for presidenT!

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start the e-mail campaign!

Start e-mailing your support for the bills after you've read them. Get your Senator to support them. It looks like after his attempt to totally trash the smog laws altogether and go back to the old BAR-90 program, he's decided to "peck-peck-peck away" at what's there, until it's all rewritten in common sense!

·
Registered
81 Posts
RE: SB285

I thought it was too good to be true for us 260 owners. The bill is for models PRIOR to 1974! see text below.

"This bill would also exempt from those requirements, and motor vehicle manufactured prior to the 1974 model-year, or, beginning on January 1, 2003, any motor vehicle that is 30 or more model-years old."

:(

tony d wrote:
-------------------------------
Well, for all of us here in PRC (People's Republic of California) there is some light at the end of the tunnel. From time-to-time I've gotten on my horse and berated our legislators for their stupidity. Well I'm here to sing the praises of my favorite State Senator from Arcadia: Sen. Mountjoy.
I don't know his background, but IMHO, THIS GUY IS THE BEST FRIEND Z-ENTHUSIASTS HAVE IN CALIFORNIA!
He has two bills pending SB285, & SB296(I don't know what happened to his smog-check legislation from last year). The gist of SB285 is to exempt ALL 1974 and earlier vehicles from ROADSIDE EMISSIONS TESTING. In 2003, the program would start the rolling 30-year exemption. As I have said before, YOU CURRENTLY ARE NOT EXEMPT!!!
SB296 is an Emission Exemption Bill that would cover ALL vehicles DRIVEN LESS THAN 5000 MILES ANNUALLY!!!
YAHOOOOOOO! Someone with common sense (this coming from a man with 6 Z-cars in the yard)
Seriously, folks--give this man the support he needs: e-mail, fax, get your Senator to support the bills. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET WHAT WE WANT!!! Check him out under the Senators listing at the Senate section of the State of CA website "www.ca.gov"
I swear, no more Mt. Dew in the evening...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.