ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No more leaking sunroof, no more wiggling the freaking wiring harness to get it to run right! No more leaking exhaust manifold! No more RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAHHHAhahHAHHHAHAhahahhahahHAHhAHaHHAHahhahHAHHAhhHHAHAH!!! I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

F&^*CK YOU NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
411 Posts
Way to give up!

I'm just glad we all don't have that attitude or there wouldn't be any 20 year old Z cars left anywhere. But hey, that's ok, everyone can't be expected to like a Z. I just hope you don't go out and buy a "reliable" camaro or iroc or something like that....

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Way to give up!

Lol actually it's an Integra ::grin:: As far as Z's are concerned, I've been around them my entire life..lesseee had 2 72 240's, one 76 280Z's one 78, one 80 280zx, and one 83 280Zx Turbo (that I just sold). Let me put it to you this way...I had that Turbo turning an 12.6 quarter mile (not fantastic, but healthy) I restored the interior, replaced all the gauges w/autometer's, converted it from an Auto to a 5 speed. Not major work by your standards, but not bad work in a driveway. The floorboards/framerails were completely rotten. I had an exhaust stud twist off in my hand yesterday when I was LOOSENING it (never touched it before). I just have had it with those freaking things. I need a car for college. Period.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yo, lol I know just about everything there IS to know about the 70-83 Z's. I just don't have time to play around with them anymore. The fact is, they are 18-30 years old, rusting, corroding, abused etc etc. I don't need a hobby, I need a car I can trust. I couldn't trust a Z anymore, no matter how decently I maintained it. You can't fight metallurgy with a wrench.

· Registered
105 Posts
hah hahh hha
baka...
and integra huh..a super civic.

<shrugs>
I'd rather have a $50 z than a brand new honda.
If someone ever gave me a honda I'd sell it and build an incredible Z
and STILL have money left over to start building a chevelle.
heh heh

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Way to give up!

Yes, my Z could annihilate my new car. Yes, my Z could annihilate all Hondas, period. Yes, my Z could eat 5.0 Mustangs for breakfast. But I don't have to touch this car, other than changing the oil, plugs, timing belt (when it's due), and water pump. That's a relief for me man.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
I understand what your saying. I know my first zcar was a rust hole. But you got to respect Nissan/Datsun. Just because Nissan is not bringing the fast cars into U.S. like Honda, that doesn't make the nissan piece of crap. Matter of fact, Nissan still rules the J-caps and N-1 in Japan with R34. I don't want to start a fight but you need to respect Nissan and zcars.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dude, I wouldn't have owned as many Nissans over the years if I didn't respect them. I just am sick of having things break one after another. You can't say it's lack of maintainance when a stud rusts through, or a 20 year old ECU Harness connector corrodes or etc etc etc.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
I'm full time and I drive z car. Yes, there was a day when I couldn't drive my car because I done something stupid night before. but other than that only thing I have to do is an oil change

· Registered
100 Posts
I'm 17 and thought the same thing!

Hey guys,
I've been a member of this post since before I could drive, and I ALMOST see what he's saying. I've already donated a 79zx automatic, and then bought a $300 82zx 5spd. I put a couple grand into getting it UP to POS level (new injectors, exhaust, ignition, interior, fuel pump, etc) and then I decided it wasn't worth it. I ditched the ZX, never did donate it though, and bought a toyota pickup V6 2wd SR5 extended cab with 149,000. Had to take out a 4 year loan, but three months later, a need a new tranny-$1500!!!!! So, now I'm back to the ZX, which won't run for more than 20min. at a time!!! Anyway, after coming back to Z-land, I will never leave. As soon as I get the money to fix the tranny, I'll sell the truck, pay off the loan, and put everything into the Z. If you have the money for an Integra you can trust-probably what, a 97+, you spent more than $10,000. I don't know about you, but I could make MY zx reliable for that! New engine, tranny, suspension, paint.....................

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.