ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is driving me bonkers, the only way i can lock my doors is with my keyless entry system. if i lock the door than close it it unlocks itself, what gives, is there a loose connection in the door lock setup?

and i dont like the power door lock setup. when i lock/unlock the driver door, the passenger door unlocks too. but if i lock/ unlock the passenger side the drivers door remains locked. is this the factory door lock system? or is it after market, and could it be the cause of the doors not locking when shut?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
1st: To lock the car, hold the handle open and then lock it while holding the handle.

2nd: That's the factory door system...it's how mine works. Why are you using the passenger side to lock/unlock?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not using the passenger door to unlock , but is seems bas ackwards. if im in a parking lot alone i dont want to be unlocking the passenger door. i think they should have put a door unlock button like everyone else. this setup just isnt safe.

and you have to hold the door open to lock it? well thats just stupid, how do you lock the door with your hands full? is there any way to "fix" it so it doesnt do that? i want to lock the door, and close it and trust that it's locked, not hope that it is. nissan did a lot of dumb things with this car. everything is bas ackwards on it.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your afraid of getting carjacked in a parking lot? You don't think the thief would try and...oh I dunno....use the Drivers door?

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you dont like the car get ride of it

"nissan did a lot of dumb things with this car. everything is bas ackwards on it."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, i dont like it, but im kind of stuck with it until i can make 6 payments, and build my credit so i can get something better.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can lock both doors with the inside lock on the driver's door....then hold the handle open as you close it.......

........OR do the same thing without holding the handle open and close the driver's door...then lock it with the key.

Either way the pass door is locked also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or i could just use the keyless entry system like i have been doing sence i got the thing.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
his problem is not enough brain cells. If he has a keyless entry and is trying to lock the door while shutting it, he's just plain stupid.

I can't think of a single japanese car from the 80s that you didn't have to hold the handle up while shutting the door to lock the car. I'm sure there are, but my old truck didn't. My Z's don't. etc.

****, even my '63 Oldsmobile you had to hold the button while shutting the door to keep it locked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.