ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice looking Z. Trouble is..it never ends. The brakes need reworking, the rust I thought I solved is coming back, the tranny is making a whirring noise when it starts off but runs great. I have over 7000 bucks into the car and I find out it may be riding dog legged down the road possible due to a bent ? It runs fast as ****, well as fast as it should be with a Bore and rebuild and all the goodies I could pour into it at the time. Its 97 Viper red with the Areo II kit and the big Fin. It has OEM everything including the door seals which cost a million bucks apeice. The interior is in average shape and the car gets the looks it deserves. The FI system is brand new(yes I mean all of it) that was a pretty penny beleive me. The motor has 30000 on it since the rebuild and all the under carrage is new including springs, struts and all that. Does anyone want to give me 1900 bucks for the thing. I am sick of fucking with it. Trust me it looks and runs like it should be selling for 5 or 6 grand. No this aint a joke, I am just sick of it sitting in my garage waiting for me to tinker with it. You pros could probably fix every thing on this car in a weekend. I cant, I am out of the country 50 percent of the time. By the way.. the rust is in the usual areas. I welded new Metal all over the place. It just hurts to see (a little,very little) of it coming back through the 2500 paint job. Take it please!!!!
This is not a joke. Take it please.

The Names Larry
(843) 821-8307
Charleston SC.

This aint a joke, I am just about giving it away.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Larry

I am going to Highlands, NC next weekend. I would be glad to make a detour on the way back to Charleston, I use to live there. What kind of troubles are you having specifically, maybe I can help you out!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Larry

Well I got the **** thing running today...sheesh! The fuel pump had some crap in it. The real problems I see are (1) the brakes need new cylinders in the rear, the front calipers are fine. The car needs a Brake booster, the one in it works fine right now but I am sure by the way it looks its time for a new one. In other words it looks like **** and we all know how much one of those costs!!
(2) the Rust...need I say more? The rockers are fine new metal there, same with the rear bottom quarters. The hood, the hatch, and a few parts of the body have surface rust coming back. The biggest place its gone crazy at is the battery compartment. Its gone in other words.
(3) The car pulls a little and shakes a everyonce in awhile. This is due to the front end looking like its been racked one inch to the left. I looked and took out a ruler and even a lazer pointer and verified the body and frame is straight, but somewhere along the line the left tire stucks out one inch further than the right. Its embarressing actually, because noone sees it but me till I point it out. Besides that everything works A-ok and like I said i could fix all this probably, but I dont have the time anymore and its taking up garage space.
Plus I have 97 Altima a 93 Volvo and a 86 Toyota celica GTS and they all ride like you know...a dream. The Z which was my first car out of high school (yes I have had it 11 years) is all muscle and nothing posh about it. It rides like a go cart and guess what...even has working cruise control..wowsers! This car came with all the options...you know, steering wheel, brakes, and engine. Lets just say, My bones are getting soft and I dont want to come out and play anymore. Please take it....lol

Just kidding.

I got to say that I have wanted to sell this thing for years to someone who will take care of it. But its time.

Larryjam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.