ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please all, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

I have an 83 280zx that I am about to uprage my suspension. I will be ordering new springs & shocks all around. At the same time I do this I want to replace any bushing related to the suspension. Has anyone ordered these as a kit? If so, what was the part number and where did you get it? What are all the item included in the kit? I have search the archive and have not found specifics.

Again, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Energy Suspension has what you want....can't find my receipt at the moment to get you the part numbers. The only thing you can't get in urethane is the rack mount bushing, they don't make one.

Got all my parts at Courtesy Nissan: 1-800-527-1909 Ask for Bruce.

Ken

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah, Zparts, Courtesy, or Victoria British. MSA doesn't sell the set. Interesting--a couple of the local ricer stores here did not list a set for Z's either from Energy Suspension. It is a great idea to get the whole set if you are planning ANY undercarriage work. That way, where ever you are or whatever you are doing, you can replace the bushing WHILE YOU ARE THERE. The ES set comes complete with everything--even tie rod boots. BUT it does not include the front sway bar hold-down bushings. I guess it is because most people upgrade in size or something. Victoria British and JCWhitney sell individual FSBB individually, MSA sells them as a set with the rear (which are included in the set!). Hope you are not too confused by all this!

steve 77

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don,t use poly in the rear if you plan to lower the car any further than about 1 inch from stock.280zx s use a completly different rear arm setup than a 240/260/280 and gain toe out along with neg camber when lowered.To remidy this you will either slot the mounting ears to gain adjustibility or use a eccentric bolt that a aligment shop can get for you.Either way a poly bushing will wear out very quickly when twisted in this way.A third but very expensive option is to remove the stock mounting ears from the crossmember then build new ones that pivot in the center to self align.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got mine from suspension restoration patrs co. their web site is WWW.SUSPENSION.COM/NISSANCARS.HTM there is a table of bushings you need and their cost. There are two sizes of front sway bars (22mm and 23mm) you will need to measure before ordering. So far I have installed the front bushings and the only problem was getting the old bushing out of the control arm. None of the shops wanted to press the old metal sleve out (too much risk of bending the arm) so I used a hacksaw and made two grooves this relieved the pressure and hammered it out easily in 20 min.
Enjoy the ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.