ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I let all of the gas out of my bumper frame horns so I could push them all the way in. Had to cut a little rubber from the rubber end caps and drill new holes in the body at end of rubber caps. Probably set the bumper back a good 2 1/2 to 3 inches. This 78 now looks a lot better with the stock bumper. Motorsport only has fiberglass bumpers for 240 and 260 and they sain will not adapt to my 78.. Oh well..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Bumper Modifications Easy</b>

Is that the fiberglass bumpers with the airdam or is it the bar type that Az. Zcar carries??

·
Registered
117 Posts
RE: Stock 78Z

Joe:

Did you do the rear also? I know many of us would like to see your car with the new paint. I personally would like to see a good shot of the collapsed bumper. Are you going to the Z car meet in Orange?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear Bumper and Orange, Ca

Did not touch rear bumper---yet---??? Might though. Can't drive from Pa to Orange for a weekend.. Can't afford to do Z by plane either so can't make it. Pictures will be in a couple of weeks. Process was easy. Let out pressure on bumper shock, shove back where you think it is ok (2~3 inches), drill new mounting holes for rubber caps (watch the fenderliner thingy), trim a little bit of rubber off the end caps and install. Next---drill hole in bumper shock and put small metal screw in to hold it as the shock has springs too... Hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.