ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago someone posted something about puting the smaller 240z bumpers on the 77-78 280z. Does anyone know if you can put them on a 76z, and if anyone has done this, how does it look?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
If I remember right 75 through 78 bumpers struts are all the same, So the answer to your question is yes they can be changed over to he smaller bumpers the same way.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
It isn't as easy as swapping onto same mounts

The mounts are different between 280s vs. 240/260s.

You have to fabricate a new bumber mount to put the smaller 240 bumpers on the 280s. I'm considering fabricating my own fiberglass 240 look-alike fake bumpers to get rid of the ugly 77 bumpers I have now. They'd be lighter too. Someone once mentioned that Arizona Racing Whatever sells a fiberglass version of the 240 bumper but I've never seen it or heard of it but that one time, and I have thier catalogue. Anyway,

my $0.02

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You are correct Alex

There is more to it and in the post that he mentioned it is in it. The site you are refering to is arizonazcar.com I belive. They have all sorts of goodies but he also requires a $1000.00 minimum order.
Rob,

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: bumper conversion</b>

I did this on my 75, and it was easy. extend two bolt holes on bracket for the 280, use only the inside bolts on the 240 bumpers, fabricate side brackets for the extensions, and deal with the 2 inch gaps between bumpers and sheetmetal. but what the ****, the car is 175lbs lighter, and goes a lot quicker because of it. BTW, its illegal to modify crash components on cars, and insurace will not pay if you have removed original equipment crash crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.