ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting some reaction to the prices of my larger, heavier, chromed models, I have made new "entry-level" hold-downs in all 3 (S30/130, Z31, Z32) styles. There is no Z33 hold-down, since the battery is hidden. These will be $60, with hardware, on the website, but zcar.com members get a 20% discount ($48). It's made of 6061 and 1/4" thick, polished only...but it needs more polishing. :eek:)

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first Z was a Z31, so I know the rear bolts to the firewall. And batteries differ so much in height, I haven't had the time/resources to develop a bracket for there. I have sold a few though, and the buyers either made their own bracket or drilled the battery tray.

The problem with developing a bracket for the rear of the Z31 and S30/130 is a standard battery usually has cell caps with a gap between them that is too narrow for my hold-downs. So my hold-down has to sit @ 3/4" higher than stock to sit on top of the cell caps. I suppose I could design brackets of 2 heights.

After I get some more 1/4" stock, I'll make a few and let you know. Right now, this is the only one I have.

Post Edited (Sep 25, 5:42pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I was just thinking make another hold down like the front one and sell it with the set. Throw in like 2 long skinny eye bolts so you wouldn't have a nice cover, and a crappy looking hardware. Maybe you could find them like the stock ones so you'd have a lot of adjustiblity.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the basic hardware that goes with the front side of any HD I will sell. The rod is powdercoated in gunmetal and the screw is M6 1x30 SS. The adjustability is in the length of the screw. But I need to study on a rear-side bracket.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

You could probably just add another one of those, but make the other end differently, so the person who bought it could drill a hole and use it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I love that hold down, but I will not buy it unless it is a direct replacement for the one I have. I do not want to have to mod or jerry rig anything to make it work.

·
Registered
918 Posts
LOL ..

Y'all are funny ...

I got one (actually 2) of the chromed versions (style 1 and style 2) ... and yes I made a bracket so it fit the firewall ..

Hmm .. guess I'll have to get to a machine shop to have it made it up nice and all pretty ..

Right now, you can't even see the firewall bracket .. it fits under the hold-down ..

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alan...can you take and post a pic?...thx

Here are the others...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
They look great MEGA...as does your car. I see you're quite active in the z32 section. Keep up the good work!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.