Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to posting but I have a feeling I will be asking lots of ?'s here. I brought home my 1974 260z I found with lot's of help from Dragon300zx in Michigan. (Thanks Gary) The car had been sitting in a garage for the past 6+ years and is pretty good shape. The interior is almost perfect, no tears in the seats, no cracks on the dash and the carpets are great. I can not wait to get it off the trailer and begin to go through it. I will need some advise on getting it running again. She has sat without starting for that whole time. Has a blown radiator but I have a new replacement already. When I learn to post a picture I will so so. She even has a new name....my boys and I named her BlueZ on the long ride home. I just wanted to share my giddyness with folks I know will appreciate it.

1974 1/2 260z
BlueZ

·
Registered
930 Posts
Welcome aboard! Better pull your plugs and spray those dry cylinders with the lube of your choice (wd-40) before you start cranking. I would change all fluids as well. Good luck and happy zzzing.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Congrats, When you and the boys get the cob webs off of, out of, and around Bluez, You all will be Extra Giddy then. lol Giddyness, :eek:) Haven't heard that one in a while. Nice.

Drain the gas tank and make sure the outlet ports on the tank aren't clogged. Tank rust and tanks being clogged is a major issue for z's that have been sitting for years.

It will be worth the effort to get it back on the road. :eek:)

Dexter 260z

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Check out my long post on the main forum for some more details of the adventure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I flew to KC,MO and just had a long drive with my new toy( 280z) in Kansas City last Sat. A 9 hrs. drive to Chicago, she handled very well. Welcome to the club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.