ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pulling a L28T motor this weekend. It has a P90 head on it. I snagged a Starion Intercooler, 3 Bosch BOV (2 have the Electric/Vacuum type and 1 standard vacuum type), I am also going to pull the ECU and harness and misc. parts. I am going to have the block rebuilt, honed, dipped and balanced. Anything to do or not do? I have read most of the archives and have a good handle of the Z. Something I would PAY for is good pictures to use a reference. Once I have done this all my info will be posted on a web site. Anyway. Thanks in advance for any info...

Bean Bandit

Project 280ZT-R

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what about resleeving?

I have been told you can resleeve a block... How hard is this/$$$ Anyone done it?

Bean Bandit

Project 280ZT-R

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Also what about resleeving?

> I have been told you can resleeve a block...
> How hard is this/$$$ Anyone done it?

> Bean Bandit

> Project 280ZT-R

John:
The best thing for you is to speak with Mike from Z-1 Performance. He really knows the inside and outs of building, installing and setting up turbo engines. He is currently having an '83 ZX turbo engine rebuilt to install in my '77 280 Z. He is a very nice guy and knows his stuff.He is very fair pricewise. I don't know where you hail from but he is located in Long Island, New York. His number is 516-254-8477. Keep me informed on your project (e-mail [email protected])I am interested because I am going through the same things.
Charlie Krop

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: Bring on the Boost!! Turbo Intall tips request

> I am pulling a L28T motor this weekend. It
> has a P90 head on it. I snagged a Starion
> Intercooler, 3 Bosch BOV (2 have the
> Electric/Vacuum type and 1 standard vacuum
> type), I am also going to pull the ECU and
> harness and misc. parts. I am going to have
> the block rebuilt, honed, dipped and
> balanced. Anything to do or not do? I have
> read most of the archives and have a good
> handle of the Z. Something I would PAY for
> is good pictures to use a reference. Once I
> have done this all my info will be posted on
> a web site. Anyway. Thanks in advance for
> any info...

> Bean Bandit

> Project 280ZT-R
if you are really willing to spend and want good pictures go to amazon.com and order Corky Bell's Maximum Boost book. you will not be disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.