ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys/gals think of these? I know that the rotors on the front for a '90 are 26mm. I'm not sure if he has the right size, but if so is this a good buy?
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREMBO-Nissan-300ZX-90-96-Drill-Slot-Front-Rear-ROTORS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8025628019QQrdZ1>

Post Edited (Jan 1, 11:43am)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If you have the 26mm calipers then you MUST use the 26mm rotors. If you switch the calipers to 30mm then you MUST use the 30mm rotors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please do us all a favor a DO NOT buy those rotors. I think it is pretty obvious that those are not a genuine brembo product.

I was reading an article recently about how counterfeit products such as these pose a huge problem to the manufacturers that actually care about true motorsports. Most frequently claimed brand names on these cheezy products are things like greddy bovs, hks exhaust products, anything nismo, brembo brakes, etc...

Not only do counterfeiters not give a crap about motorsports they make a product often inferior to OEM, a far cry from an "upgrade" or even resonable replacement. Those rotors are likely made by a 10 year old taiwanese girl on 3rd shift after making "Gucci" handbags for 10 hours straight. I dont know about you, but I wouldnt trust those brakes to stop a bicycle much less a 3000+ lb. car.

Be an informed buyer and don't support this crap. If you see a guy selling stuff for literally half of what it should cost it is probably not legit, there just isnt that much mark up and everyone has to make their money. Know the product. From what I have seen brembo doesnt even make drilled/slotted rotors for our cars (only drilled OR slotted) and the only finish I have seen available is gold.

Blah Blah

·
Registered
555 Posts
Generally these ebay "brembo" rotors are brembo blanks that are machined in a local shop. They are a genuine brembo rotor, but not a brembo drilled/slotted rotor.

-JokerF15

·
Registered
53 Posts
i second dcb0281 i read an article on those parts and to me it seems high risk and think about it ur talking top of line brake kit & the fact bremvo is one of them i say dont go 4 it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.