ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an 84 Turbo is it possible that a vaccum leak in a hose can cause the car to idle ruff when the brake is applied?

I just put in a new alternator and while the car was running I mashed the brakes to build up the pressure in the pedal but it seemed that when I did so the car idled ruff. Any Ideas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been changing pads since the 80's on my Anniversary car and also my 89 and have never experienced what your speaking of. Can't imagine how the brake system and vacum system could intermix. Double check and make sure you have the right alternator the non turbo alternator will not charge on the turbo even though the idiot light will not come on. Guy sold me the wrong alternator one time and before I new it I realized I was running on battery alone. Fortunately it was a full moon and I was able to get home without lights. KKing

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You might have a vacuum leak going into the brake booster. Check all of those hoses that connect it.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I think he was thinking that it was somehow putting a load on your electrical system that it couldn't hold. Thus it was draining your battery and making your car run rough...I dunno if this makes sense, but that's what he was trying to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.