ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I think one of my front calipers just went to crap on my 83 ZX 2+2, and I figure I may as well upgrade, what all do I need? 300ZX front rotors, any particular year? and I also need 79 to 86(?) toyota 4x4 calipers? and a .25" spacer, right? I have searched the archives, and I am just trying to confirm..... Also, do I buy pads for the toyota truck after I am done? thanks in advance

McAdam

· Registered
5,829 Posts
You might want to check that toy caliper upgrade, because I do believe you are thinking of the 280z and not the 280zx cars. I looked for quite some time and asked all of your questions on the matter and found out the toy upgrade would not work on the zx cars.
I did get an upgrade kit, but it was very expensive to the tune of 1100.00 USD so unless I have made a very costly mistake about the toyota upgrade you will be stuck with what you have or pay that kind of money to get the upgrade. Arozona zcar also sells an upgrade kit and it runs about 1000.00 USD but the rotors are 13" and you will not be able to run stock wheels, and I think they also told me they were not sure if 16" wheels would work, but you can call them.
If you just want better stopping for the car and dont really need the bigger rotors then I would highly suggest getting a set of Porterfield brake pads. They work very well and in most cases that is all you will nedd unless you are running some significant Hp and really tax the braking. You can get their number from my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt
hope that helps.

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi McAdam.
Personally I'd stick with the ZX's floating caliper. If oone caliper is no good then I'd go to NAPA for some ' Loaded ' calipers. Complete remanufactured units far superior to anything merely ' rebuilt '. BTW, the Toyota 4+4 do not fit a ZX. Have fun. shane-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.