ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone tell me if this has happened to you before. My brake(s) were squeaking so I went out and bought some new pads to replace them.

When I finally got around to it I noticed really that only one side sounded like it was squeaking. I pulled off the caliper on the driver's side and the pads seemed **** near new. They are only about a year old, maybe a little older and I don't drive a whole lot. But I was like, not biggee I'll change 'em anyway since I bought new ones and I have everything off anyway.

When I got to the passenger's side tire, I noticed that the outside part of the pad also looked **** near new. However, the inside part of the brake pads (the squeaker) was worn real thin. Also, the piston was really really stiff and hard to compress on the passenger's side, unlike the driver's side which was relatively easy. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Out of four brake pads, three looked almost like the new ones and only one of the two inside ones was worned down thin. WTF?????

·
Registered
373 Posts
sounds like you might need a new caliper or the outside pad might have been locked against something not letting it be pulled into the roter I had the same problem on a buik skylark once

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
happened to me. my old 86 Turbo had a rear passenger caliper that was only pressing down on one corner (also the rubber piston boot was torn/ripped). I ended up changing BOTH rear calipers becuase....well, you are supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.