Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on the way new silicone brake MC hoses from Smithy
http://www.smithys-place.co.uk/engenh.php (scroll down to last item)

Question is, and yes have searched for 'brake mc hose' and various other criteria, what do I need to do in order to swap in the new hoses?

Bleed?
Hoping will not require removal of the MC....

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They are simply vacuum lines, no fluids so no bleeding will be required.

Hopefully Smithy is designing a second set for the US left hand drive Z's.

Tim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He sent me these as a special so I will be basically his guinea pig. Comparing pics to my engine bay looks like all but possibly one will work as direct fits. Will keep all posted....

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
sorry, ive seen those RHD hoses in person and there are only a few that will work, its not just mirror image either. Youll find some hoses are the total opposite of what you actually need.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smithy did some different ones for me and at any rate did not charge me for them for the trouble and to help him out. Agreement being that if they do not work I will send them back.

In the same shipment are some other items I purchased, namely polished fuse box cover with laser etching <drool>

and fuel line kit

once the above items, powder coated plenum and throttle bodies and audi fender louvers are installed and the EGR is removed I am done for a while!

Just had the Z waxed and polished today for the first time since the paint was done (wanted to wait a few months for it to cure)...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Honestly... why would you replace with the same hoses? When Mike and I were looking at mine, we couldn't see the point to all those bends. I've replaced the hoses with more direct pieces. No funky bends etc. REALLY cleans up the look.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I'll take pics in a bit. I bought pieces of hose that were shaped to perfectly connect the pipes without extra bends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.