ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the E-brake light on my dash stays on. Ive tried disconnecting the wire leading from the actuall brake with no luck. any ideas on how to stop this bright red light?

thanks
JZ

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**** dude, either you post alot and I miss it. or you just have a serious break fetish (sp?)

but thanks for the links, very good stuff.

JZ

·
Registered
972 Posts
Well I've had a lot of old cars pass through my driveway. I've found the best thing to do with brakes is to replace everything that bends, moves, or jiggles at once. I hate the feel of brake fluid on my hands (and antifreeze) so if I have to open the system to do work then I do everything. This is more costly, but if I'm replacing a master cylinder doesn't it make sense to replace hoses? And then at that point you might as well do wheel cylinders/calipers also.

With cooling systems you need to replace water pumps before they go out. Thermostats need to be replaced regularly. And radiators go bad pretty quick if not kept full with the correct mix and good water. So I'll replace all that and all the hoses at once also. The way I look at is that everyone else would have paid 2-3 mechanics to look into their overheating problem ... I just spend the money on new parts instead of some jackass.

ConorP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.