ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my brake pads. There is no air in the lines and the brakes are firm. They work fine around town and even at an autocross. I went driving down a wind road, braking and accelerating a lot. After braking a couple times, the brakes started fading real bad, and I had very little brakes at all. I could smell burning brakes a lot. After they cooled they were o.k. Could it be that I used cheap brakes from Checker? Can it make that much of a difference or can it be something else. I hope it is as simple as putting on better quality brake pads. All my rotors look like they are in good shape.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check to see if the pads you're using are organic or semimetalic. I'd be willing to bet they are organic. Organic pads will heat up faster, and tend to overheat. If this is the case, switch to semimetalic or carbonmetalic pads. Also, make sure that your rotors are in good condition. Make sure they haven't been turned past their minimum thickness. Also, make sure the vents in the rotors are unobstructed....

Good Luck!!!

Ian

> I recently replaced my brake pads. There is
> no air in the lines and the brakes are firm.
> They work fine around town and even at an
> autocross. I went driving down a wind road,
> braking and accelerating a lot. After
> braking a couple times, the brakes started
> fading real bad, and I had very little
> brakes at all. I could smell burning brakes
> a lot. After they cooled they were o.k.
> Could it be that I used cheap brakes from
> Checker? Can it make that much of a
> difference or can it be something else. I
> hope it is as simple as putting on better
> quality brake pads. All my rotors look like
> they are in good shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.