ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been slowly bringing my 88ss that i got a year ago back to life. Now the brake calipers have froze om first the front now the rear. Have a donor car 84 Turbo . The calipers look the same but when i put them on had to force and now they seem to be very tight holding all the time. I was told that the calipers for the 87-89 model s are different than the 84-86 just need to know from trhose who gone this path before me is this true.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I know the rotors are different on the 87-89 as their vented, but as far as I know the calipers are the same.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Cool, didnt know the 87-89 Turbos had dual piston calipers. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe then the calipers are not opening all the way and i need to buy new ones. the rear calipers are from a 85 turbo so you say they are all the same only the fronts are different thanks that helps a lot wiil get the new ones tommorow don't want to waste time rebuilding the ones that i have. The front brakes are cool dual piston setup took the wheel of just to see.maybe tonight I'll see if I can get the caliper to open anymore than it already is. Once their frozen can the be re lubricated or something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.