Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Does anyone know if the auto parts stores sell the (generic) brake booster vacuum hoses for the 85 300zx? Nissan didn't have them.

Does anyone know if the 90-96 300zx brake booster vacuum hoses have the same size hole as the 84-89? Nissan had the check valve but not the hoses for the 84-89. I think I can cut the 90-96 hoses to make them fit if they have the same size hole--Courtesy Nissan has a picture.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just go pick up some vaccum or fuel hose of the same size at your local parts store itll cost less than $5.00 and will work fine

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.nissanparts.cc has told me twice they are discontinued.

I tried some hose from the parts store but because it was not real sturdy it collapsed together when the engine was running--like covering one end of a straw and sucking on it. I guess I got the wrong one.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
If the hose you bought collapsed under vacuum then it was probably crap heater hose which is designed for pressure, not vacuum.
A VG30 will not pull some monstrous vacuum that destroys all but the best vacuum hose, and you should not need some EFI fuel hose for the same reason. Can you even get EFI fuel hose that size from a regular parts store?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.