ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first restoration project and I the only things i know about working on cars is what I've done to this one. I didn't bother to list it all cause it's mostly been minor stuff except replacing rear springs and shocks.

Hi to everone.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
they are both good products

i prefer the hks though

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just to throw in another option, look at certifiedmuffler.com. They have some very nice packages. I'm gonna get a set from them when the money's in the bank :). They have 2.5" and 3" in steel or aluminum, all mandrel bent, and mods like "test-pipes" and down pipes for turbos. A 2.5" system should be more than enough for an NA from what i've read here in the past. The larger systems could cost you some low-band power.

Good luck

Post Edited (Nov 14, 12:31am)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well since you have an N/A, dont spend too much on the exhaust - just look for something that gives a nice sound - stick with stock size - too big will only make you slower... and keep it "non-rice" if you can

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. HKS is just under 2.4". Whatever I decide, I won't be going bigger than 2.5" cause of HP loss. But I am currently planning on installing the '96 Pathfinder manifold and everything else that needs to goes along with that. I haven't been able to find the #'s for HP or Torque gain I've only heard that it's the Pathy or a bored plenum and the Pathy sounds easier cause I can do it myself. Oh, if "ricey" can be avoided it will be. I'm sick of the Bumble Bee effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.