ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here use the BoostValve turbo controller? How well does it work? Is it worth the $50? I have a stock 87 Turbo (duh), with a K&N filter, would this be a good investment for me now, or should I wait until later, when I've modified my car more?

·
Registered
255 Posts
From what I have read, it works good. I just bought one recently actually. Haven't installed it yet, still gotta get other things squared away first.

You first engine mods should be (I think)

Air Intake
Exhaust
Boost Controller

I've heard people say that 10 psi is safe without an intercooler.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the website, and it said that it helps the turbo spool up quicker and run more efficiently. I planned on running at pretty close to stock boost, don't wanna ruin anything just yet. I still have some other, more expensive stuff to do before I really start modding. It only costs $50, that's the reason that I ask. Let me know how it works when you get it installed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
where do you get the "boostvalve" boost controller for $50

86 300zx trubo...turbo timer
jess drove a ford that's wy he walked everywhere!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You get what you pay for! I used bosstvalve for 4 yrs, and for $50 it worked well. I stepped up a bit, and got a Hallman. Works the same, but it does look much nicer. You can increase boost slowly, 1 turn at a time, and raise it to about 9-10 psi without a cooler. In the hot days of summer I wouldnt run over 8-9 psi. Just keep it safe. Z-ya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.