ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take sredit for this, but won't. It's one of the many helpful tips gained from my other hobby, Buick Grand Nationals. hey, what's good for one turbo car can be good for others. Basically you rewire your pump so it can get full battery voltage. The actual voltage at the pump can be 11 volts or lower by the time it gets through the original thin wiring of the stock 15+ year old harness. Check it out for yourself. Just being able to get the full 12 volts (actually 13+ when running) can boost the performance of the pump about 20%. Check out this link, keeping in mind it was written for a turbo Regal. http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/relay.html
For those of you running rising rate regulator this can really help you achieve those 60+ PSI without having to get a new pump. Lots of other good articles in the tech section of www.gnttype.org that we can also apply to our turbo cars. Like adjustable wastegates, dial a boost, porting turbos, etc. Have fun and spend an hour there reading the articles. You can learn alot. Have fun
greg
71 240z
87 GN (12 second car that has A/C and seats 5)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: boost your fuel pump-cheap</b>

Thanks greg I have always had respect for the GN's very strong and fast . I would not trade my Z for one though, Z classic looks, handling . Those turbo boys have an excellent site even better than DSM sites . Do you have any more sites like this bookmarked . I have found some good info at the five and dime and datsuns.com . They'll do anything to a 510 datsun .

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Clint....other sites to link</b>

check out mkiv.com (these guys are REALLY out on the edge, but fun ) there is a BPU section you shouldn't miss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.