ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boost guage doesn't work. Is there a way to test if the guage or the sending unit is the problem? When I turn the ignition on the needle moves a little, but stays to the far left. I have vacuum to the sending unit.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is what i would do.. buy a new one and put it in if it still doesnt work you will know it is some other problem, and if it happens that yours is working you can take the new one and get a refund.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest going to a aftermarket gauge also. I got mine from JC whitney (15.00) and it seems to work great.
Have you taken a look at the sending unit for the gauge? It is around the front of the drivers side shock tower. Little black box with the a vacuum line going to it. I believe there are two electrical connectors on it.
Also behind the glove box is a little cylinder looking thing that is the boost gauge trimmer. If you know for sure the car is making boost, and the vacuum line to the sending unit looks fine, you could try messing with that. But I would imagine you would still need some sort of aftermarket gauge to get it set right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.