ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tryn to hook up my boost gauge and i was wondering how to run all the wires so no one can see them... anyone got any suggestions or directions....

86 300zx turbo
:mods: intake

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
where are you mounting it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is rubber grommet right in front of the driver (in a right-hand drive Z at least!). I pushed the pipe through the grommet and routed it under the dash with cable ties. Then up the side of the dash where the door closes. My gauge is mounted on the window side of the instrument cover thing so it was pretty easy to hide 99% of the cabling.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yeah Id say route it in between the dash and the door (its what I did for my a-pillar mount) and maybe put black tape over the wires? how are you mounting it to the dash, if I may inquire?

·
Registered
880 Posts
dont drill holes in your dash.. i bought a 3pillar gauge for my shiro.. ran the wires under the dash, then between the door and dash, into the back of the pillar..if you put your wires in colored loom the same color as your dash you will probably never notice them on a dash mount... personally i would shoot myself in the foot before i drilled a hole in my dash.. and velcro/sticky never looks good after you take it off... good luck~

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ill 2nd that. I jsut wish someone made a 1 or 2 guage pod for our cars. the ones Ive seen you have to put the pods on top of the pillar cover and drill into it. not nice :(

Post Edited (Mar 31, 5:58pm)

·
Registered
880 Posts
the three guage pillar i have takes the place of the factory pillar.. the 3gauge is attached to metal, not the old pillar, although there are two self tapping screws that go into the metal... it was easy to install and it didnt hurt anything as far as the two screws..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you mean this? heh :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
only problem is figuring out 2 other guages other then the boost guage to put in. *shrug*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.