ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on putting a Autometer boost gauge in my 280zxt.First I need to know if I leave the factory gauge unhooked will any waring lights come on.Also where do I hook up the line that is coming from the gauge?
I have got the dash out of my car, some help me please.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where do you plan to put your gauge?
if you removed the dash I assume you plan to put the gauge where the stock unit was, right?
mine, is there. I love not telling anyone my Z is modified.

The gauge should be connected from any hose on the intake manifold, preferrably the one that goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

CarlosZXT

> I need some info on putting a Autometer
> boost gauge in my 280zxt.First I need to
> know if I leave the factory gauge unhooked
> will any waring lights come on.Also where do
> I hook up the line that is coming from the
> gauge?
> I have got the dash out of my car, some help
> me please.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> I need some info on putting a Autometer
> boost gauge in my 280zxt.First I need to
> know if I leave the factory gauge unhooked
> will any waring lights come on.Also where do
> I hook up the line that is coming from the
> gauge?
> I have got the dash out of my car, some help
> me please.

I purchased the Autometer boost gauge, it was the small one, 2 - 2 1/2 inches. If your ZX is like mine, you may have replaced the radio. If you purchased the face plate from Crutchfield, you replace the stock radio and cassette with a single head unit and will be left with a lot of open space. I mounted the Autometer gauge in the Crutchfield plate. It looks great. (I also mounted a Dakota Digit eletrice fuel pressure gauge and Air / Fuel mixture guage where my ashtry used to be)

The easiest way to connect your vacuum line is to put a small T fitting inline with the vacuum line going to the boost transducer. Leave your existing boost guage installed. Nothing will happen.

Good luck.

Chuck

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.