ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at KYB struts based on all of the good things I keep hearing about them as well as their reasonable price.. but I haven't heard a thing (positive or negative) about Boge struts. Anyone tried these?

I'm looking for a comfortable ride for daily driving and road trips, not racing. Should I go with the standard Motorsports springs/KYB struts, or are there other setups I should look into?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
> I have been looking at KYB struts based on
> all of the good things I keep hearing about
> them as well as their reasonable price.. but
> I haven't heard a thing (positive or
> negative) about Boge struts. Anyone tried
> these?

> I'm looking for a comfortable ride for daily
> driving and road trips, not racing. Should I
> go with the standard Motorsports springs/KYB
> struts, or are there other setups I should
> look into?

I put KYB's on my '77 daily driver with the Motorsport Auto European springs. The European springs are 16-18% stiffer than stock and lower the car only 1/4 from stock height, The stock springs will give you a softer ride with good control. I just wanted a little extra. I'm pleased but the ride is definitely rougher than the original. By the way, my old springs were so badly sagged at 150,000 miles that the European springs actually raised my ride height by nearly an inch.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> these?

I used to have Boge Turbo shocks on my '72, and the car rode well using Eibach progressive-rate springs. However, the springs were a bit too stiff for the shocks, so the shocks didn't last too long. They seem to be designed to go with stock-type springs.

Also, my friend recently tried to buy Boge shocks for his 240, and found the are no longer available.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried them

> these?

I used to have Boge Turbo shocks on my '72, and the car rode well using Eibach progressive-rate springs. However, the springs were a bit too stiff for the shocks, so the shocks didn't last too long. They seem to be designed to go with stock-type springs.

Also, my friend recently tried to buy Boge shocks for his 240, and found the are no longer available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.