ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is a student in an auto body repair class at a local community college, and was wondering how good of an idea it would be to have him do the body work on my rusted out Z for his class. I already have it pretty well taken apart down to the unibody and I will be mounting it on a rotisserie. All that I would have to pay for is the materials. Since I have very little money, and im not totally comfortable with doing the work myself, im just wondering if I should take advantage of this opportunity.
Erik
1974 Datsun 260Z

·
Registered
93 Posts
Erik,
I would not, I did not know much about body work and have done a pretty good job,
I had freinds in the local skill center in high school and they did some crazy things
If you do it you know its right,
If a halve ass job is ok,,,,
I found one guy in the area with a Z and he has a web site and had photos, I went to his house expecting a nice looking car, Well he did fiberglass work and no plastic over it. It look real bad, also who ever painted it did a poor job also. My point is he did not care, Not all Z are going to look Great, So its up to you. You will not be proud I dont think when its done if it gets done,
Go talk to the teacher, He may tell you he demands good work, he may tell you its to much work for a new student, I would at least talk to him, Its like buying something your not sure u want, Once you look at it, it helps you deside.
Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.