ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal I am leaning in the way of restoring my 83 280zx Turbo. But if i do so I will strip the car of everything to find and distroy ALL the rust. Then do one sweet paint job. Now to my question I want to do a body kit with some Shogun styling in it. But I havn't found anything for this car what so ever. I really love the IMSA body kit exept for the front bumper, http://www.arizonazcar.com/zximsa2.jpg, i would really like to find something a little more agressive like this 300,
http://www.veilsideusa.com/veilsideusa/Aero/nissan/300ciifront.jpg.

If anyone knows of anything that you have seen and have pics of or a place you can refer me to that would be great.

As this is my refuge of Z answers.

CURT

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
hey, I highly doubt you will find any body kits for a 280 that even remotely resemble that 300. Unless you make it yourself or have someone make it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey just because i like that particular style of body kit dosn't make me less of a Z person. Now i know that there are a few people who would never change the factory lines of a Z, and I respect that i think that they are wonderful cars, but it is not me. If i ever was to have a "sports car" it wouldn't be any front wheel drive crap. there is nothing like drifting a corner or leaving the intersection in a cloud of smoke from the correct end of the car. And for your information I am not like all those Honda ricers who only do the body and a loud exaust and expect to be fast. where i will have the engine to back it up. also i have had Z's since i was 16 years old and that won't change as long as i can help it.

CURT

·
Registered
241 Posts
I thought the same thing, and apparently someone has matched up width and curve of a Z and cut/hacked a fiberglass front end to fit. Have you ever worked with fiberglass? If you were willing to spend some quality time with your car, you could have anything you want. I think that if you mannaged to get into a place that stocks a wide variety of front valances, pick your style and start taking measurements. Or better yet, get a big peice of stiff cardboard and cut out the profile of the front of your car, so you can just hold it up to an airdam to see how close it is. You just might find something that does'nt need much help at all. I was thinking something with the headlight style from a new carrera, and a nice smoothe, low and somewhat agressive looking bottom, keeping the flowing lines of the car. I worked in a place that built spoilers, and I seen exactly how to sctatch build and mass produce things like this. It's alot easier than you'd think, and there is'nt really any fancy tools necessary. I like your idea, and the 300 zx is definately not a rice car. Not a classic, but definately not a member of the uncle ben racing team.

Dylan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.