ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the cylinder head from a BMW (possibly 85 or 86 M3 I was told) would fit on an L series block with little modification... this head is supposed to have the intake and exhaust on opposing sides. I am trying to find out if this is true, partially true, or total BS. If anyone knows anything about this could you either post it or email all you can about it?? Thanx very much in advance!! Zya!!

Mikey

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The M6!!!

We are over looking possibly the best BMW of them all. The M6. I had one. This is a VERY cool car. It has a inline 6 and it was HELLA fast. It is a 3.5l with a MONSTER intake manifold. I was able to do 150mph in mine with NO problem, and the car was a boat. In the US the more popular version was a 635CSi. The car I had was a grey market M6 from Germany. Very nice car. If it is possible to swap heads, Screw that, put the whole **** motor in and get the Alipne kit for it. That was a Turbo conversion done to the M6 and it made it fast enough to take just about anything, exotic or not. My M6 wasted 'stangs, vets, cammaros, LOTS of Hondas, and a 1 Lotus Espree Turbo. I will never forget that face... I had bunches of fun with that car on Westheimer in Houston on Friday nights, took alot of money too. :) My goal to to get my Z that fast. The only draw back to that car was its weight. It was heavy.. But If you do find a M6 head and can make it fit, I will buy the motor and slap it in my Z!!! MZ!!!!

Bean Bandit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.