Dramatically improve the performance of your cars lighting
system by upgrading your antiquated sealed beams with a composite
lighting system. Installation is as easy as replacing a sealed beam
and takes under 10 minutes for most vehicles. Once installed you
can choose from ION-BLUE, ION-GOLD, Philips Bluevision,
Philips Alleather, or High Output Clear #H4 capsules
Prices start at $69.95/pair with bulbs. Send email with year,
make, and model of your vehicle to [email protected]
for a quote or visit http://www.autooptiks.com for more information.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Blue Headlight Conversion for your Z</b>

I agree that the ion blue bulbs provide dramatically better lighting if the quality of the bulb is as good as an OE style bulb. There are two main problems with these systems though. First, they are NOT D.O.T. legal under ANY circumstances, which means that an expensive ticket is in order for those areas that are bothered by police that have nothing better to do than bust fellow motorists for better headlights. Second is that most Ion blue bulbs are currently being recalled due to the fact that their particular color is extremely harmful to the retinas in your eyes, in much the same way that laser pointers are. My father is an opthamologist in PA and just attended a learning series in NYC where this was one of the major topics of conversation. Please educate your buying public before you sell them a product that can involve them in civil liabilty suits in case someone might crash due to the brightnesws and color of your bulbs.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
heh i'm not trying to make anything look bad , but don't these head lights make it harder to see in the rain?
i thought i heard that somewhere
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with AutoOptiks conversion kit with the "legal" wattage lamps. Dichroic is the right word I think. No problems with these. I just wanted to see better. With the deep dish inset of the 240 to 280 headlamps there is not much cross over of beam pattern which means less light dead center. The regular sealed beams are lucky to give 35 watts low beam. I now have 55 watts for low beam and still legal in Pa.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with my relay conversion, the regular halogen sealed beams are as bright as any car, fed straight from the alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.