ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there Guys!.. I got a 1st gen mitsu eclips BOV. I was wondering how to hook it up. Can I let it blow off into the atmosphere or do I have to return it back in somewhere. I would like to blow it off to atmosphere.I got a turbo motor and I am in the process of cleaning and new seals and stuff. Thanks.. for any info..!!
LaterZ

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes you can just let it blow off in to the atmosphere.
it should be mounted close to the t-body.
it just lets the boost escape when you are off the gas like when shifting

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can let it go to atmosphere only if you're not running an air flow metered system. If you're installing a custom fuel system with air density then let it go to atmosphere all you want, however with an AFM, you will run rich for a couple seconds until things balance out. This is because the AFM measures quantity of air and so the computer is expecting that air to enter the engine and has calculated the injector pulse to match. By not recirculating you are letting that air go which has already been accounted for and will result in the rich condition (which will actually slow turbo spool time). See if you can plumb it back to the intake boot where the long tube from the valve covers attatches to. That's where I plan to recirculate my to whenever I get a BOV like the one you have (1st gen DSM). Then put a small K&N on the valve cover.
-zakaron

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok another ?

That sucks.. I was wanting the woosh sound. ahh well. So I will run it back to the pipe that the afm is at.. Do i put it before the AFM or after it. Will it just run alot more efficient putting a return tube in.Is it real noticeable if you do not.Thanks again guys. I am new to the turbo game.laterZ

·
Registered
650 Posts
Re: Ok another ?

You'd want to put the return line after the AFM because that air has already been metered. But, if you still want to run a BOV to the atmosphere, check out the new item from HKS. A friend of mine was telling me about it. It's a Super AFR, which is basically an electronic device that fine tunes your fuel curve much like the APEX AFC, but it also accounts for AFM cars with a BOV so that way you won't run rich and don't run into the problems that arise from venting into the atmosphere. I'm pretty sure a quick word search from any search engine will find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.