ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I recently put a new radio in my 1986 300zx. I ran all new speaker wire and used an install kit. Took a bit longer than I'm used to because everything's packed in pretty tight on this car. The only two major beefs were that the antenna lead was jussssst a bit too short and I had to touch up the outer sleeve with a little bit of black paint where it shows when you look down on it just right. I have an automatic and bought a JVC arsenal. I should have looked at the controls a little better when picking my radio because the shifter is in between me and the cd track selector. I can use the remote but it's sooo tiny I just know it'll be lost soon. Anyway I've read in past posts that Betty is located behind and above my ECU in the passenger kick panel hidden by insulation. However I'm reluctant to go digging for her if I'm not a little more sure of what she looks like. I assume it's some sort of box with wires coming out of it. Is that all that's there, so I'm not ripping out the wrong thing? I just want to splice into the wires so I can have my betty back. Please betty come back...I'll turn my lights off, I'll shut my door(s), if the price of gas ever goes back down(laugh, laugh) I may even fill my car back up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey i got a JVC Arsenal the other night. I got the KD-AR860. Its super nice!

·
Registered
458 Posts
ive heard a rumor that you can get betty to speak japanease with out buying a jdm betty.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i have the jvc arsenal kameleon in my 280.. i love it.. good quality units~

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
**** it's been a long time since I did it but I think what I did was splice the old drivers side door speaker wire into the new drivers side speaker wire. Anyways the output is (was) going to the drivers side door speaker so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.