ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test driving a 70 today, and heard a churpping sound as we near the stopsign. Not brakes, what else could it be. Also in reverse I hear a grinding sound from the rear of the car. What would you pay for a rust free 70 with those problems and are they easy or tough to fix ?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Not sure about the churping sound, but I wonder why you discount it being the brakes. Did the guy say they were new? How new? Just cause they got done last year doesn't mean they were done right or not worn out by now.

My car also had a grinding sound in reverse, but it was coupled with a clunking sound when stopping, turns out the brake cylinder had broken off it's mount and was literally clunking around in there, and per the PO the brakes had been done within the last 6 months.

If the car is truthfully rust free, a true 70 (rear hatch vents) with some work to be done...not sure for your area but it would definitely be worth a couple grand. But then again, I may be high. That's the problem with the price of a car, over here, it's a bargain, over there it's extremely expensive. Location of where it was used for most of it's life, how was it run, maintained blah blah blah.... I believe Carl Beck had an article on estimating the value of a Z, you might look it up. But remember this, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.