ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented with putting in a bigger cam into a L-28 motor. I have a 1980 nissan 280 ZX and I was thinking of putting in a 280 Magnum Comp. Cam for a little more top-end. I have a 280 Magnum Comp. Cam in my 68 GMC pick-up that has a 350 hp LT-1 350 that nas been build a little to aroud 400 hp, and I really like it. I what to keep the car as a everyday driver, but I also want a car that will give the Honda guys a run for their money. If anyone has any experience with experimenting with cams in a L-28 motor I would like to hear your input.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm no expert, but a hop up guy recommended Crane cams for the 280ZX. I don't know how much HP it would give, but the price they gave me was $400cdn. Of course, there's also the Nissan Motorsports cam. There are 5 of them in the Motorsports catalog.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excuse me, but how does one go about getting the Nissan Motorsports catalogue. Thanks Stan. tried the net but the only Nismo site is jap. and the wont ship outside the country( not to mention it takes 4 yrs to learn japanise:) .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
> Excuse me, but how does one go about getting
> the Nissan Motorsports catalogue. Thanks
> Stan. tried the net but the only Nismo site
> is jap. and the wont ship outside the
> country( not to mention it takes 4 yrs to
> learn japanise:) .
To get a NISMO catalog, go to your nearest Nissan dealerand order it from them or call NISMO yourself at310-538-2610

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try emailing them and asking for one.

I got my catalog when a guy from Nissan Motorsports stumbled across my web site.
He emailed me and asked if I wanted a catalog. Obviously I was all gung-ho about that.
Here's the email for motorsport:
[email protected]

Last time I emailed them about some prices, they responded within half an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.