ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like my Z is outta commisson for a couple o' weeks. Thursday night on the way home from work I pressed the gas pedal and the car went no where, then bogged and almost stalled, then slammed into gear. For the rest of the drive it sounded like a diesel. Now there is a very loud noise (knocking/grinding/ticking) coming from under the drivers side of the timing belt cover.

Calling Fairview Nissan in the morning.

Man it sucks when your dd is outta commisson, guess I'll be taking the bus for a few days.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would i have to remove the radiator to look under the timing cover?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Not the driver's side cover. Just remove the driver's side intake tube and the wires that go to the temp and coolant sensors. I think you will need to move the wire bundle for the PTU also. Mine's relocated now so I can't remember for sure.

To get at the passenger side you will need to unplug the other side of the PTU and remove everything down to the coolant pipes on the front of the motor.

Post Edited (Jan 22, 8:10pm)

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Wait you knew it was the tbelt messing up and you still drove it? Umm thats not smart but you know that already im sure so I just hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know for sure that the timing belt is messed up, it'll cost me $90/hr to find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.