ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I put something together on my brake kit upgrade for those interested in reading.

This may take a while to load but please go there and check it out.
I put together some info and images from when I did my brake Upgrade.

Big Brake Upgrade

IF you have any feedback please let me know.

I love the brakes I have on my 240Z...
=)

Kyle
http://zdriver.com
http://strictlyz.com

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
very nicely done. however they are kinda costly. i would think that this kit is not for your average driver. looks like a great kit for a race car or street racer. thay have the rotors,calipers and pads at my local race shop and not too expencive. i did not see the 4 lug hat or adapters (mounting brackets) at the race shop.i would like to do this mod in the future, looks like it would yank your eyeballs out on a sudden stop, hahahah.
later.. pallnet

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kyle,

I priced out all of that stuff because I was going to do the same conversion using the Superlite stuff as it has the 3.5" boltspacing. Here are the prices I found from summit:
Calipers are $115 each
Rotors are $45 each or $65 for HD

The hubs can be had from colemans for about $75 depending on the offset for the 7" boltcircle rotors. Most people like kits because it is a bolton affair, but with a little homework and some knowledge one can save some money. I am actually going to machine the hubs myself on the lathe and then slap them into the new CNC mill I just got in my lab, but if you were to buy all the parts it runs about $400 and it is still a bolt on affair, but without the pretty red anodized hubs!

·
Registered
91 Posts
parts

James,
you'll end up spending a lot more than $70 for the hats....

if you want calipers i can sell you the outlaws for the same as summit.and i really doubt if the ones for $115 are billet and the larger HB101 pad ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts
calipers

all the outlaw 2800, 3000 and 4000 series are billet and 3.5" BC.
the 2000 series is 5.25"
and the 1000 are either 3.25 or 3.75"

·
Registered
567 Posts
Re: yank your eyeballs

Actually, on the same car, same tires, these pretty brakes won't stop you one inch sooner than properly padded and tuned stock brakes. The first time. Repeated stops, like in track events, where heat is an issue is where something like this matters. If you don't favor Wilwoods because of the absense of a dust shield (is that still the case?) then Eric Chapman at Z-Quip makes a similar kit using the late model 300ZX calipers for about the same price. And you get NISSAN on them for that nice touch.

I'd want to see the elevated temperature stress analysis of the brackets on any kit....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.